Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My favorite seven year old


I cannot believe my little baby boy just turned seven.  Well, actually, he's not so little any more. As I tucked him into bed the other night, I couldn't believe how much of the full sized bed he took up.  His feet are almost to the bottom.  It can't have already been seven years since I brought him home from the hospital and noticed how small he looked laying in the middle of his crib.

Henry, here are the things I love about you at seven:

  1. You are developing a sense of humor all of your own.  Yes, you think it is hilarious to use bathroom words and make potty sounds, but you also make funny jokes and observations.  I love it when we look at each other and laugh about something that the little girls don't understand.
  2. You are such a great big brother to Lucy and Maggie.  You and Lucy can't wait for Maggie to wake up in the morning and you actually fight over who gets to go in Maggie's room first.   I depend on you all the time to help with your sisters with things like picking up toys or pouring milk.  You also help get breakfast ready each morning.  You always do such a great job, and I don't know how I would manage without your help.
  3. You love to read.  I have been amazed at what a strong reader you have become this year.  You can read a chapter book all by yourself. Your favorites are the Magic Treehouse series and Junie B. Jones.  Your very favorite book is Mighty Machines, a non-fiction book about every kind of plane, train, car, bus and vehicle ever made.  
  4. You are very interested in science.  You love to read science books and learn about how things work.  It makes me so happy when you ask questions.  Just yesterday, you explained the water cycle to Lucy. 
  5. You love listening to adult conversation and talking to adults about things you have done or places you have been.
  6. You are a builder.  You have just recently gotten into Legos, and you love to build them with Daddy.  
  7. You are a collector.  You love your Imaginext play sets, and when you get a new one, you turn over the box to see what other pieces you still need to get.  Apparently, you are just like your Daddy when he was a little boy.  
  8. You love to swim and play basketball.  
  9. You are very imaginative, and I cannot wait to see where your dreams will take you.
Happy Birthday, sweet boy.  Thank you for making me a momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment