Thursday, October 27, 2011

Orange Pants

Who knew that orange pants would be so versatile? I got this corduroy last summer when we were at Children's Corner school.  I made these pants to match a top I ordered from one of my favorite home show lines, Beaux et Belles.  I used my go-to ruffle pants pattern, Bonnie Blue Jillian.

Then, I decided they would look cute with this blouse.  

I made this blouse in Lezette Thompson's class when she came to The Smocking Shop in August. We used a pattern she drafted, but it is only available as a class right now.  We learned to do bobbin tucks in the class. I really like this top and think it would be darling in a little floral.  It has tucks on the front and back, as well as on the sleeves.
Look at those hands on her hips.  I think we might be in trouble in a few years.

Finally,  I made this little halloween top.

When she put it on, she said, "Thank you for making me a friendly ghost."

4 comments:

  1. All are adorable, and I agree with your daughter. Friendly ghosts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them. How does that pattern run compared to rtw. I was just looking at it tonight, and unfortunately, the recipient I have in mind lives in Arizona, so I have to get the sizing right as it is warm there most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these pants run big. My daughter is three and a half and wears a 4 in most RTW. These are a size 2 and they are a little long on her. Right now I have to roll the waist over once. I figure she has plenty of growing room. Nothing worse than short pants in March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious. I love the white top. I guess I have to find her class to make one!

    ReplyDelete