Monday, September 19, 2011

Another time around

Here's a little project I finished up last week.  I started with this outfit:
It is from the home show brand Castles and Crowns and was worn by Henry when he was three.  I used the Children Corner Carol pattern and made the top into a girl's top for Lucy.  I needed more fabric for new sleeves, so I took the pants apart and used them.  I had enough left to make the skort.  The pattern is Children's Corner Sara's Skort.


And the best part of the deal is that I also have a matching dress for baby sister.  Here is Lucy wearing it when she was Maggie's age.


I wish I could go back in time and squeeze those chubby legs.

2 comments:

  1. How stinkin' cute is your transformation?! I'm afraid at my house it would probably go into a pile of "to do someday" and never resurface. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry. That pile is pretty big at my house. If I hadn't done it as soon as I got the idea, it probably wouldn't have gotten done. I have two more of these outfits (santa and apples). We'll see if I get around to them.

    ReplyDelete