Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Best Part of My Week

In January our family adopted a new tradition we learned about from our friends the Callahans.  Every night at dinner, or at least when we remember, we go around the table and tell the best part of our day.  I am going to try to start that tradition here as well.

1.  Our Saturday Morning Outing to the zoo.  We headed to Lynn's Paradise Cafe for breakfast.  The kids love to order "pancakes as big as their heads." After an amazing breakfast we enjoyed a beautiful morning at the zoo.

We tried to let the kids discover things at their own pace.  I spend most of my day saying "come on, hurry up, let's go."  It was hard to slow down and let their interests guide our day.
But sometimes, it is nice to stop and enjoy the view.
Here I am spending a little time with my favorite boy.  I really miss him since he is in school all day now.

2.  Playing Little People with Lucy.  She has such a vivid imagination.  We had to load all of her people up and take them on a "b-cation" to the beach.  I always loved to play dollhouse, so this is right up my alley.

3.  The Bullitt Central Homecoming Parade.  There is nothing like a homecoming parade to make it feel like fall.  It really is small town at its best.  It was a tradition I always loved and now one my kids look forward to.  Of course, it wasn't an election year, so the candy throwing was a little slim.  We always sit on the front steps of church.  Here is Lucy with her friends Mia and Natalee.  The photos are a little blurry because I had a little fingerprint on my camera lens.
And here is Henry waiting for the parade to start with Maverick Waters.

 My favorite float was done by my teacher friends at Henry's school.  I guess all of that float building experience paid off.

4.  Reading Junie B. Jones with Henry.  I really enjoy reading with Henry at night.  We have been reading Junie B.'s guide to first grade.  It is hilarious and we laughed so hard that I had to stop reading.

5.  Spending some one on one time with Maggie.  Maggie and I get a few hours all to ourselves while Henry and Lucy are in school.  She has just learned to sit up, so we had fun sitting on the floor and smiling at each other.  I love six months.  It is my favorite baby age.  Look at that sweet face.


7.  Dinner out with Will and our friends Johnna and Johnny Perry.  We had a fantastic night at Eddie Merlot's.  Great food, great wine, great company, plus some fun people watching at Fourth Street Live.  It was a perfect ending to a great week.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun week! You look great!! I love Maggie's dress. Did you make it? All of your kiddos really favor each other.

    ReplyDelete