Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Best Part of My Week

I'm a few days behind on this post but wanted to wrap up last week before this week is over.

1.  The Pass It On Kids Sale.  I have been a part of this children's consignment sale since Henry was a baby.  When he was 18 months old, I agreed to be on the committee that runs the sale and I've been a part of it ever since.  The thing that makes our sale so special is that everything we raise goes straight to missions.  This year we raised over $11,000 for Red Bird Mission School, Blessings in a Backpack, and the Kentucky United Methodist Children's Home in Versailles.

I work with an amazing group of women on this project and I love being able to be part of it.  Everyone wins: our consignors get to clear out their houses, our shoppers get to clothe their kids, and our missions get donated clothing and children's items, along with much needed funds.

2.  A beautiful Friday afternoon with my favorite princess and superhero.  
The other winners at the kids sale were Henry and Lucy who each scored some new dress-up attire.
I love these muddy feet.

I love this photo.  I can almost hear the laughter.

3.  Cuddling with Miss Maggie.  I love her smiles, her laughs, her squeals.  She is such a fun age.  I wish I could capture the smell of her head, the softness of her cheek, the feel of her head on my shoulder.
4.  Leaving my kiddos in the hands of their Daddy.  While I was working at the kids sale, Will was baking pumpkin cupcakes, playing with little people and decorating our house for halloween.  He even had to feed Maggie with a dropper because she wouldn't take a bottle.  He really is a great dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment