Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hopscotch Dress

I have been looking for a good knit dress pattern for a while.  I picked up the Oliver + S Hopscotch Dress pattern at the Smocking Shop's July sale.  I made it about a month ago with some Chez Ami knit from my stash.  Lucy wears a three in most clothing and patterns, but I made her a four in this because I heard it ran small.  It fits well, but there is not a lot of growth room.  I also cut the skirt to be more a-line than the pattern called for.
The pattern went together really quickly and overall I was pleased with the results.  The only thing I wasn't completely happy with is my skirt and sleeve hems.  I tried to do two lines of stitching and they aren't as uniform as I would like.  I think I may make a long sleeve version of this for fall and do an applique on the skirt.

I had to include another picture I took of Lucy that day.  I was feeding Maggie and she decided that she needed to feed Bitty.  So sweet.

1 comment:

  1. To do two rows of stitching, you need a double needle. I recommend getting one as wide as your machine will allow.

    ReplyDelete