Friday, September 9, 2011

Inspiration

When I was a little girl, my mom sewed and smocked for my sister and me.  When I had my own daughter,  I wanted to learn to sew so I could make special things for her.

My mom kept most of the things she made us and it has been fun to get them back out for the girls to wear.


Lucy wore this little apple dress to meet her preschool teacher last week.  My mom made it for me in 1980 and I wore it to the hospital to meet my baby sister Brittany.  I have never learned to do applique without an embroidery machine, so I am totally impressed with her work, especially those tiny little windows on the apple.

I hope that once my mom has less on her plate, she will start sewing again.  I already have a few project ideas for her.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, that is so cute and beyond special! It makes me think I should save more of the girls' things. I don't keep any of the appliqued things, just the smocked or fancier items. But, look how up to date that outfit looks. I see where you got your talent!

    ReplyDelete