Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The First Day of Preschool School

Yesterday, Lucy started in the three year old class at First Baptist Preschool.  For weeks she has been asking when she gets to go to school.  She was very excited, although after the open house last week, she was worried that there were "too many friends."

She did great when I dropped her off.  She found her name, found her cubby, and hung up her backpack.
We are so lucky that Lucy's teacher is Mrs. Peace.  She was Henry's teacher in the four year old class.  She is wonderfully patient and kind and Henry loved her.  He learned so much in her class and was ready for Kindergarten.
Lucy had a great first day.  The first thing she told me when I picked her up was "I was a good listener." She remembered all three of Mrs. Peace's rules: be kind, be a good listener, and share.  I think those are pretty good rules for life.

Today was teddy bear day and when I picked Lucy up she said "some of my friends are going on a bear hunt, can I go?"  I said "I think they were just pretending in the song you sang." She replied "no, they are going on Saturday."

No comments:

Post a Comment